Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brayer Techniques Workshop

After teaching stamping classes for a few years, I have decided that there is one tool that causes women to run in fear.  No, it’s not the Stampin’ Around Wheels, that’s a close second!  The most feared thing in our stamping arsenal of tools is the brayer.  But it’s really not that scary once you learn how to use it!  In fact, after teaching the first brayer class on Friday, I saw some relieved smiles on the faces of my students.  They discovered that they CAN do it and that the brayer isn’t so scary after all! 

Here are the cards that I came up with.

Sept 09 018 This little bear is surrounded by foliage and trying to escape the bugs with his little skeeter spray can. 

Sept 09 020

This one is my personal favorite.  I used the Hostess Level 2 set, Asian Artistry.

Sept 09 021 This is my surfer dude card using the Medallion background stamp as the sun.  We used an oval punch to mask our waves.

Sept 09 019 Here’s my second favorite, I think because of the colors.  I imagined a foggy meadow on a dark fall night and came up with this card. 

If you missed this class and are interested in doing these cards, please contact me and I will consider scheduling another round. 

No comments: