Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Floating Re-inkers

I decided to play with the Floating Re-inkers technique which has been getting a lot of attention lately, being used with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set.

I chose the stamp set Illuminations since it's on the retirement list and I wanted to get more use out of it. The re-inker colors are Garden Green, Old Olive and Handsome Hunter. First I stamped the image with VersaMark on Shimmery White Cardstock, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, I misted the paper with a water bottle. Finally, with an Aqua Painter I dropped the re-inker colors onto the wet paper. The water does the magic for you, but if you want to move the colors around, just use the wet brush.

June 09 128

Stamps: Illuminations, Eastern Blooms

Cardstock: Old Olive, Handsome Hunter, DSP (Hostess Level 1) Garden Green, Shimmery White

Ink: VersaMark, Handsome Hunter

Other: Re-inkers in Garden Green, Old Olive, Handsome Hunter, Clear Embossing Powder, Gold Brads, 1 1/4” & 1 3/8” circle punches, Scalloped Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Baroque Border wheel w/ Handsome Hunter ink cartridge

No comments: