Saturday, March 14, 2009

They say it's my birthday...

They say it's my birthday....and I'd like to just skip it this year! My dear sister called and asked for the "old birthday girl" and I told her she had the wrong number. Anyway, I spent my birthday in my stampin' studio, listening to ABBA (which always takes me back to the good 'ole days) and I stamped my heart out while singing at the top of my lungs.


I'm finally feeling like I'm back to my normal energy level after battling the flu bug, so hopefully my blogging will get back on track! Here are some of the things I've been working on lately...


This is one of the cards we did at last Monday's card class. We did the card on the left with the plum base.


The stamp set is Stampin' Up's Simple Friendship and we used the matching "Embosslit, Simple Flower". I love how SU coordinates their stamps and accessories! The butterfly is embossed and popped up on the card.








This card is the other one we did last Monday, using "Friendship 24-7" and the matching jumbo wheel.


I really liked how this one turned out and the Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Paper really pulled it all together.





Here's a sneak peek at one of the cards we'll be doing the the Technique Book Class. It features the butterfly from "Simple Friendship" and the Split Negative
technique.
Today while singing along to ABBA, I started playing around with the Sale-a-bration set, Polka Dot Punches. This layered flower is the result and I was kicking myself for not having the Little Leaves Sizzlit. How many times have I thought about ordering it, but never have. Oh well, the Scribbles Sizzlit worked out just fine this time. BUT... I will be ordering the leaves on the very next order!!
I managed to incorporate 2 more items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog- Congrats and the Delicate Dots DSP.
At the Technique Book class I'll have a bonus project featuring this flower with a 2-tone effect. No sneak peeks on that but I'll try to post it later.

No comments: